German Mail Order Brides Guide in 2024
Although German women are not the most likely to marry American men, between 2010 and 2019, their numbers have slowly increased from 337 to 364. Besides, they are three times less likely to bring children from previous marriages to the US (5% vs. 15% on average).
|Popular cities to find German brides
|Berlin, Hamburg, Munich, Dusseldorf
|Average age of brides
|32 years old
|Best German dating site
|How to win German women’s hearts
|Show respect, be honest and direct, demonstrate your intelligence, and embrace German culture
|Average cost of German brides
|$4450 – $11850
So what makes US men seek German wives? Could you be happy with a German bride? Let’s find out together.
3 Top Dating Sites to Find German Women
Why choose German women for marriage?
No two German women are completely alike, but we can infer their common traits based on their perceptions of themselves. Most German girls make great wives because they are:
- Smart and witty. German women are well-educated and have a great sense of humor, even if it takes time to get used to.
- Honest and loyal. Some may seem too direct and intense, but most German girls do not pretend to be someone they are not, and they prefer honest communication to prevarication.
- Practical and hard-working. German women are not afraid of hard work to achieve their goals, but they are also fond of efficient solutions to workplace and home problems.
And let’s not forget that most German mail order brides are also gorgeous, even if their appearance is less exotic than that of Asian or Latina ladies.
Why do German mail order brides seek American men?
Unlike mail order brides from developing countries, German women are not seeking financial stability and support from Americans. Instead, they are looking for a solid, long-lasting relationship based on the following:
- Affection and care. Despite their practicality, German girls need romance, love, and care as much as women of any other nationality.
- Respect and equality. German women only received equal rights to men in the 1970s, so some still do not feel on equal footing with local men and consider marriages with Americans less constricting.
- Mutual support. With German mail order brides, it’s less about financial stability and more about common interests, issues, or needs.
If you think you can provide all of the above, your chances of finding a lovely German bride will increase tenfold, though you should always remain on the lookout for her specific needs and wants.
How to get German brides for marriage?
Unless you’re planning a trip to Germany, have German coworkers, or are friends with a local diaspora, the easiest way to meet single German ladies is through an online dating platform. The whole process is much easier than it seems and only takes several steps:
Research and choose a reliable dating site or app.
Sign up, create, and verify a profile with a high-quality photo and bio.
Find potential matches using advanced search filters.
Chat, call, and send gifts to develop a strong long-distance relationship.
Meet in person in Germany or the US to see if the chemistry is there.
Propose and arrange your German bride’s relocation to the US.
Plan and host a wedding reception within 90 days of her entry to the US on a K-1 visa.
Online dating is prone to the same hurdles as traditional relationships, so be patient and persistent until you find your German wife.
How much does a German mail order bride cost?
Can you afford to marry a German woman? Consider our rough estimates below to decide if international dating fits your budget:
- Dating site membership. If you choose a European platform, like JollyRomance or UkrainianBrides4you, you can purchase cost-effective credit packages for $149.99 for 750 credits or $399 for 100 credits, which should be enough to last you a month.
- International travel. A two-week stay in Germany with transportation and entertainment for you and your German bride will cost from $3,638 to $8,781, and the round-trip plane tickets will add about $700 to your budget.
- Visa and relocation spending. From Form I-129 to visa application, medical exam, adjustment of status, biometrics, and other paperwork, the immigration procedure costs reach around $2,300. But you also need to account for your German bride’s relocation and shipping costs.
- Wedding expenses. Prices for weddings vary. For example, in Germany, a reception will cost from $12,000 to $20,000, while in the US, the rates are somewhat higher, starting at $15,000.
Of course, you can always find more affordable alternatives. For example, getting married in a city hall will be much cheaper than hosting a 100-guest reception.
German women are not merely attractive. They are also smart and funny but also endlessly practical and hard-working. And this unique combination makes them loyal and supportive wives, excellent mothers, and steady lifelong partners.
Unhappy with local men and conditions, thousands of German mail order brides are eager to meet Americans, so your chances of meeting a perfect match are great, especially if you choose a reliable online dating platform.