Greek Mail Order Brides Guide in 2023
Although the number of Greek mail order brides coming to America tripled between 2010 and 2019 and went from 13 to 39, it’s still minuscule compared to other European states. And finding a Greek bride with a child is even less likely, as none of the women brought their kids to the US in 2019.
|Popular cities to find Greek brides||Athens, Thessaloniki, Heraklion, Patras|
|Average age of brides||24 years old|
|Best Greek dating site|
|How to win Greek women’s hearts||Be romantic, confident and show respect to their culture|
|Average cost of Greek brides||$5000 – $7300|
So are Greek girls worth the trouble, or should you look for a wife elsewhere? Our research will help you decide.
3 Top Dating Sites to Find Greek Women
Why choose Greek girls for marriage?
If Ancient Greek myths made you wary of Greek women, you should definitely revise your preconceptions and learn just how great modern-day ladies are. Here are a few common characteristics they share:
- Greek women are passionate. Like most ladies from Southern Europe, Greek girls have fiery tempers, which can be a good or a bad thing, depending on your preferences in a partner.
- Family comes first to them. Traditional family values are typical, so expect boisterous family dinners with lots of distant relatives and a big family of your own.
- Food is their language of love. Mediterranean cuisine is as delicious as it is healthy, so you won’t go hungry, and your physicians will praise you for marrying a Greek woman.
And the more you chat with your chosen Greek woman, the more you’ll fall in love with the unique peculiarities that make her so much different from American girls.
Why do Greek mail order brides seek American men?
Unfortunately, women’s standing in Greece isn’t too high, whereas male standards of behavior leave a lot to be desired. So Greek girls seeking to marry Americans are usually looking for:
- Equal fidelity standards. Most Greek husbands cheat on their wives but expect absolute fidelity in return, but some Greek women are not happy with this status quo, so marrying an American may seem like a better option to them.
- Open-mindedness. Typical Greek men do not consider women as smart and capable as men, so an American husband seems like a better choice to ambitious and creative ladies.
- No outside interference. Many Greek men tend to live with their mothers until marriage, which ruins new families, so marrying an American is a way for Greek girls to avoid dealing with smothering mothers-in-law.
And like most women, Greek mail order brides seek love, affection, and care in any relationship. If you’re ready to provide it all, you’ll have no trouble finding a Greek bride.
How to get Greek brides?
If you’re not ready to spend a few months in Greece looking for a wife, online dating is the easiest and most convenient way to find a Greek girl to date and marry. Here’s how it works:
Create an attractive profile on a dating site, complete with a high-quality photo and a clever bio.
Look around and experiment with search filters to find a few potential matches.
Chat, exchange photos, make audio and video calls, and send gifts to one or two ladies you find most attractive.
Take a few weeks to travel to Greece to meet your girlfriend and see if you’re as compatible in person as you are online.
Help your fiance apply for a K-1 visa and arrange her relocation to the US.
And remember to apply for a wedding license and get married within 90 days of your bride’s entry to the US.
How much does a Greek mail order bride cost?
The four major expense categories you’re likely to encounter in your online dating endeavors include:
- International dating site fees. For example, if you purchase one credit package per month, you’ll spend around $150 on and around $400 on .
- A two-week trip to Greece. The roundtrip airfare will cost you up to $1,000, while accommodation, entertainment, and transportation will add up to around $3,700. However, the rates may be lower or higher depending on the tourist season.
- Visa and relocation fees. You’ll need about $2,300 to finance all application filing fees, medical exams, and other expenses, and an immigration attorney can double the spending.
- Wedding expenses. The average wedding cost is between $12,000 and $20,000 in Greece and between $15,000 and $45,000 in the US, though you can always choose to get married in a city hall to lower your budget.
Please remember that the numbers above are rough estimates based on average spending, so the final cost may be significantly higher or lower, depending on your choices.
There’s something mysterious about passionate Greek women that Americans cannot resist. If you’ve fallen for the Mediterranean charm, you can join the lucky few to marry Greek girls, and creating an account on an international dating site is the first logical step to finding your bride.